Subscribe to Get
My Free Newsletter
Sign up below to receive my free email newsletter. It's full of ideas to help you develop greater understanding and insight in many areas of life.
Share This Page
Hire Me for Coaching, Consulting or Training
Music & Video
Book, Music, Video,
Subscribe to Blog
Blog Comments Feed
Subscribe to Blog by Email
SystemsThinker.com's Most Popular
Inner Child Healing
Borderline Personality Disorder
Hypnosis in Medicine and Psychiatry
Hostgator Web Hosting
Fastmail Email Service
Long Tail Pro
Keyword Research Tool
Relative Pitch Ear
Here you can read about my many interests, including:
- Systems Thinking - As the central theme of this site - and of how I think about the world - Systems Thinking deserves the top spot on this list and a page of its own where you can learn what Systems Thinking is and why I feel it is so important.
- Human Systems - As a human, and given the tremendous impact humans have on our ecosystem and so many other systems, I find the application of Systems Thinking to understanding and optimizing human systems extremely important and meaningful.
- Human Needs - Learn about the physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual needs of human beings, how they evolved, and the impact of failing to meet them at various human systems levels.
- Trauma - Central to our civilized way of life, trauma creates physical, emotional and spiritual wounds, limiting our ability to meet needs, generating coping and defense mechanisms involved in everything from personality disorders to war, and diminishing health and sustainability. Explore authors, fields and resources that explain trauma's effect on human systems and how to treat and prevent generational cycles of abuse.
- Pathocracy - Human systems controlled by dominance-craving people with biologically-based, conscience-reducing psychopathologies may deceptively and cyclically generate much of our civilizationís destruction and unnecessary suffering. People of conscience may replace counterproductive reactions with modern scientifically-based approaches to cultivate healthier, more sustainable forms of systems, immune to corrupt leadersí devious tactics.
- Ponerology - The Science of Evil
- Appreciative Inquiry - A powerful perspective on and methodology for positive change that is one of the pillars of both my mindset and the work of Emergent Associates, my company.
- The Mind - Learn about my longstanding fascination with all things involving the human mind, with a special focus on:
You can also view some important terms I've discovered in my Glossary of the Mind and read about the fascinating people I have contacted in the world of the mind.
- Relationships - Learn about my interest in theories, models and techniques that help us understand and improve our relationships, including:
- Communication Techniques - Learn about tools and techniques that help us build connection through more effectively expressing and understanding the experiences, thoughts, feelings and needs of ourselves and others, including:
- Conflict Resolution - Learn about my interest in tools, methods and concepts that help us move beyond fight or flight to find optimal solutions to challenging and polarizing conflicts, including:
- Music and Guitar - Find out about the importance of ear training, how I came to realize that most of us are taught music incorrectly, and my piano and guitar talents.
- Chess - Learn about my intermittent obsessive episodes involving this classic game, which I consider the greatest board game ever created. Why has it held such fascination for so many throughout history?
- Medical Reform - More about why I quit medicine and what I'm doing to try to help improve it.
If you found this page helpful, then:
Subscribe to My Free Newsletter
Get bonus content full of ideas to help you develop
greater understanding and insight in many areas of life.